Saturday, September 11, 2010

I ran my first race!!

Here is a picture of me right before the race. I don't like taking pictures but I feel I need to have proof that I was actually there.
Me before the race

The race was to raise money for organizations around Jacksonville that offer counseling and options for pregnant women.

Run For Their Lives 5K


I am part of The Malinka Project and we have been training since June and we intend on running in one race a month to help raise money and awareness for causes in the City of Jacksonville. Our next race will be the Race For The Cure in October.  In November we will be running in the Be Her Freedom Run, which is a 5 mile race to benefit the A21 Campaign, an organization that fights human trafficking in Greece and Eastern Europe.
Running is my new passion!  I'm so excited about getting fit and healthy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment