Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Homemade Organic Pizza for dinner!

Organic Cheese Pizza  My Kids love cheese pizza...and now that I have learned how to make pizza from scratch using organic ingredients, pizza night comes with much less guilt!  Take-out pizza is loaded with fat and more fat, and this is much less fattening than take-out.  Have you ever read the ingredients on a box of frozen pizza? The ingredient list is full of chemicals, oils, and things that shouldn't qualify as food. This dough only has 4 ingredients and that's real cheese on that pie!  For the amount of money it costs to get good pizza (not Dominos, I said good pizza!) for a family of six, we could have homemade pizza 2-3 times a week!  Since I already have flour and yeast stocked all I have to buy is cheese, veggies, and meat, that's about 10 bucks for 4 pizzas.
Last night I also made pizza turnovers...

Pizza Turnover This one has organic tomato sauce, peppers, onions, mushrooms, and pepperoni.
I'm from NJ and the pizzerias up there make turnovers and panzarottis like this.  They are so good and I can't get them here in the South.

Pizza Turnover This one was very cheesy!!  This has pepperoni and mushrooms.  When I need a taste of home, I love to make these!  It has taken a lot of practice to get them to cook right!  I burned my mouth eating this one hot out of the oven.
This recipe is going into my cookbook, so sorry everyone but you'll have to buy the book for this one!  I worked hard to get the recipe just right!

No comments:

Post a Comment